If you need a new water main, you can ask us to install the pipework or choose your own accredited contractor to do the work, which is known as self-lay.

Either way, you'll need to apply for a new connection by filling in the appropriate application form below and emailing it to us at developer.services@southeastwater.co.uk (for self-lay enquiries/applications, please email selflay@southeastwater.co.uk).

We aim to deal with all new connections in accordance with the revised Water UK level of service and we regularly report on our performance against them.

Need to talk to us?

Call: 0333 000 0060 (Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm)

Water UK Levels of service: Water UK produced a set of standards that developers and others can expect from water companies in relation to the provision of infrastructure for housing development. Since July 2015 Water UK has been reporting on levels of services achieved. You can find out about our levels of service performance here.

Useful information

Guidance notes for applications

Charges for new connections 2018-2019

Complaints procedure & redress arrangements

Requisition calculator

Use our calculator to estimate the costs of the on-site mains.

Launch calculator

Find a groundworker

Use the below postcode checker to find an approved groundworker near you.


Request type

Application form

New or replacement water connection

Application for a new or replacement water connection

Temporary building supply

Standpipe hire form

PreDevelopment enquiry for mains and services (budget application)

Application for proposed development (budget enquiry)

>5 new connections (new company main and services)

Application for proposed development mains and service connections

Fire main and sprinkler connection

Application for proposed development mains and service connections

Fact sheet: Fire sprinkler systems for residential and domestic occupancies

Policy on domestic sprinkler systems

Fire main

Application for proposed development mains and service connections

Diversion of existing main

Application for main diversion


More information on self-lay charges and the calculation of the asset payment is available below:

Guidance on allocation and calculation of costs for self-lay water mains

Application form

Self-lay Code of Practice

Self lay design guidance

Self-lay agreement

Forecast sheet

Aslaids information

Swabs and disinfection sampling

Self-lay notification forms

Notification of the start of mainlaying for a self-lay scheme

Notification of the need for water testing sampling

Request to commission a newly laid water main

Request for a quality check of main laying

Notification of completed aborted mains connection

NAV – New Appointment and Variation

As well as Self-lay and requisition you can ask a ‘New Appointment and Variation’ (NAV) to serve your development in a defined area known as an inset.

NAVs are companies that have successfully applied to become a new service provider within an existing water company’s region.

Successful applicants provide wholesale water and/or sewerage services for a specific area. If you choose a NAV to supply your water and/or wastewater services, they will own and maintain the network of your development.

To find out more about using a NAV, visit Ofwat’s website: https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/regulated-companies/markets/nav-market/

If you would like more information, please contact our NAV team on at NAV.enquiries@southeastwater.co.uk.

NAV Bulk Supply Charges August 2018
NAV Enquiry Form 

Launch Recite Me web accessibility software

Return to top